I recently planted roman camomile seeds, sadly they don’t germinate for up to a month. My dad, a brilliant Gardner shared the awesome secret of speeding up germination. All you need is a paper towel, resealable bag and a tea towel.
- Place the paper towel inside the resealable bag.
- Sprinkle on desired seeds, making sure they’re separated.
- Gently spray the paper towel with water, it will absorb the water and feed the seeds for the next few days.
- Reseal the bag and turn it upside down, place onto a tea towel and fold.
- Place by a window, where it will be warm.
- Check on the seeds everyday and within a few days white roots will appear.
- When tiny green shoots appear, it’s time to plant them into pots. Use tweasers to refrain from damaging the root.
Love always x