Hello all, today I thought I’d share my beauty routine and the products I use, any questions? Please ask!
- I have curly hair which sometimes can be a nightmare, depending on how tangled my hair is I’ll brush it with a tangle teezer before I shower. (Those with curly hair do not brush your hair whilst it’s wet, in fact you should hardly brush your hair because it damages both the hair and the curl) I usually brush my hair once or twice a week before showering.
- I wash my hair with a moisturising shampoo and conditioner because curly hair has the tendency to become dry and damaged and it needs as much moisture as it can get. I use Palmer’s coconut oil shampoo and conditioner, they aren’t too expensive, they’re large bottles so they definitely are worth it! (Superdrug have put these beauties on offer several times in the past couple of months) I shampoo and condition as normal, then I comb through the conditioner with a wide tooth comb (perfect for curly hair) I use a green sandalwood comb which becomes more green with sun exposure. Awesome. Palmer’s also do a coconut oil leave in conditioner, to those with curly hair this is also a must! I’ll come back to that later.
- I love body washes that are creamy and fragrant! I use either Original Source (currently I have mango) or I buy a similar body wash from Superdrug, it’s Superdrug’s brand, cruelty free and inexpensive, don’t forget to collect your points! Once a week I use a little body wash with exfoliating gloves and gently scrub my body to remove of any dead skin, making it silky smooth. I rinse the gloves and gently scrub my face with Urban Veda rose face wash.
- After showering I wrap my hair in a cotton T-shirt because the fibres on standard towels quickly dry out curly hair causing frizz. (Try to avoid touching your hair at all costs to avoid frizz) I take off the T-shirt towel, shake my hair and let it do it’s thing.
- Meanwhile I apply face serum to my forehead and cheeks, I use U skin retinol serum, I wait for it to dry and then apply No.7 beautiful skin day cream. Afterwards I moisturise my body with Palmer’s coco butter, this is my all time favourite body butter, it smells chocolatey and heavenly.
- When my hair is slightly dry and slightly wet, I scrunch leave in conditioner and argan oil into my hair (less is more) I usually let my hair air dry but to create volume and fuller curls I dry my hair with the hair dryer on the lowest setting and dry areas whilst I scrunch them. Don’t over dry otherwise it may go frizzy!
Love always x