Taken Vienna 2014
Hello all, I moved into my first home a couple of months ago and I was determined to become a green goddess, no plastic, less packaging, less waste, fresh food and so on! So here is my step by step guide to become a greener, more natural version of yourself.
1. Ditch plastic – Cutting boards, cooking utensils etc replace with glass (glass is the easiest material to recycle, it’s simply melted down and formed into a new bottle) or replace with wood/bamboo.
2. Buy in bulk – I buy large bags of pasta, rice and flour to reduce packaging. I then store them in air tight jars.
3. Buy fresh fruit and vegetables – I take a cotton bag with me instead of using the plastic bags in supermarkets.
4. Make your own condiments – I make pasta sauces and barbecue sauce a lot using chopped tomatoes and other ingredients. Jam and peanut butter is also really simple to make.
5. Bake your own bread – For you sweet tooths out there cake too.
6. Make your own cleaning products – I haven’t invested in one single cleaning product and I’ve been in this house for nearly 4 months, it feels great! I clean with homemade vinegar solutions, homemade febreeze and lots of baking soda, all of which can be found on my blog!
7. Recycle and reuse – I made a double bed and a garden table from scrap pallets, authentic and simple. You can recycle jars and bottles to make vases or storage jars for make up, spices, a toothbrush/pen pot etc
8. Shop second hand – Well this one is really easy, one mans trash is another mans treasure.
9. Start a compost bin – Or simply bury the scraps in the earth.
10. Eco friendly beauty kit – Invest in bamboo make up brushes, hair brushes, combs etc Eco tools have the best selection!
Feel free to ask questions, it’s really as simple as 10 steps. Love always x