Planting roman camomile seeds the eco friendly way ♻️
Hello all, as you’re already aware camomile is used for herb infusions, which is extremely beneficial for your mind, body and soul.
There are 2 types, Roman and German. German camomile can grow up to 5-6 inches tall. Roman camomile grows low on the ground, roughly up to 3-4 inches. Medically both varieties are used for inflammation, fevers, nervous and digestive systems. Both varieties are also pain relieving, antibiotic, antibacterial and sedative.
Today I’m going to show you how to plant them by seed the environmentally friendly way! I’ll update the process as they begin to grow, once they’ve bloomed I’ll document how to harvest and brew camomile.
- Remove the lid from your egg carton and put it aside, this will become a tray.
- Poke 5 holes in each section, like a domino pattern.
- Sprinkle in pre moistened compost and gently press the mix so the camomile seeds don’t fall through because they are so so tiny!
- Sprinkle the seeds around 10-15 per section.
- Use a small stick and gently scratch each section to gently cover the seeds with the mix.
- Press down gently on the mix and water with a spray gun.
The seeds will germinate in 10-14 days, keep the seedlings moist with plenty of sunlight by the window. After roughly 6 weeks, once they’ve grown enough to handle they can be planted outside, still in the egg carton as it’s biodegradable. Camomile needs both the sun and the shade and doesn’t need a lot of watering in the summer.
Love always x
Hello all, chai tea is simply delicious and very beneficial for your health. Orginating in India, using a blend of Indian spices and herbs.
- 3 Cardamom seeds (1-3 servings)
- 3 Black peppercorns
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Normal tea bag/s
- Boil one cup of water (1 per serving) Crush the herbs and spices a little for a stonger infusion. Add them in and let them simmer for ten minuets.
- Add in the tea bag (2 tea bags 2-3 servings) and a splash of milk (preferred amount)
- Leave it to simmer for a further 5-8 minuets, strain, serve with sugar and violà.
Drinking chai tea has many benefits, it can increase peace of mind, calm stress and anxiety. It has antioxidant properties, improves digestion, enhances the immune system and fights inflammation.
Love always x
Hello all, feeling under the weather? Read below!
Ginger, lemon and honey healing tea 🍋
- Ginger helps to maintain the immune system, it has anti-inflammatory properties and it also helps with pain relief and nausea.
- Lemon is a high source of vitamin C.
- Honey is antibacterial and helps to soothe a sore throat.
Peel and chop small chunks of ginger, a small handful will be perfect, add to a mug. Slice a piece of lemon and squeeze it slightly into the mug. Add boiling water, let it cool, once cooled add one tablespoon of honey, stir in and smell the goodness. Instant relief, pure magic.
- Feeling chesty? Add a pinch or 2 of ground cloves, they help to reduce phlegm, they have antiseptic properties and are packed full with antioxidants.
Love always x