It’s been a while since my last DIY post, so here’s a quick and simple one for you to enjoy (:
- Himalayan salt
- Coconut oil
- Essential oils
You can use white/brown sugar, salt or bath salts. I used Himalayan salt as it’s detoxifying and used for healthy, glowing skin. I used coconut oil, or you can use olive oil. For essentials oils I used 3 drops of tea tree oil as it’s antibacterial and 3 drops of lemongrass simply for the lovely smell. Mix the ingredients together until desired constintency.
No need to buy soap! Use in the kitchen or bathroom. Apply a small amount, gently rub hands and rinse. Naturally nourishes and cares for hands.
Love always x
Hello all, this is post #3 on how to make your home smell amazing naturally. I always like to keep it simple so here is a simple quide for a simple DIY.
DIY galaxy gel air freshener – lavender & lemongrass/orange & cinnamon ✨
- Salt 1tbsp
- Soap dye/food colouring
- Essentials oils
- Fine edible glitter
- Containers (I used to coffee jars)
- Fill your containers with water, add into a measuring jug.
- One sachet of vege-gel is sufficient to set one pint (570 ml) of liquid. Mine measured around 500ml.
- Add the vege-gel and salt into the water and stir well with a fork until dissolved.
- Heat the liquid until boiling, remove from the heat and work quickly.
- Pour the liquid into the containers, add essential oils, desired colours and stir well.
- Sprinkle edible glitter on the top and carefully stir to spread the glitter.
Some edible glitters are in sugar form, these won’t be of any use as they’ll dissolve. Powdered, fine edible glitter will work fine. I used silver and bronze from Poundland.
The close ups look so mesmerising. Enjoy. Love always x
Hello all, I’d like to say thank you to those who have followed and liked my posts. I have yet another secret for all of you…
DIY matte finishing powder
- Cornflour 1tbsp
- Baby powder 1tsp
- Ground cinnamon and ginger
Add the cornflour and baby powder into a pot and mix evenly. Sprinkle in the ground cinnamon and ginger, a little at a time until desired tone. You don’t need to add a lot, you’re simply adding gentle tones.
The cinnamon will add tanned tones and the ginger will add yellow, golden hues (you can also use turmeric which is much darker) You could add highlighter for a shimmer, perfect the upcoming summer months, a bronzed, glowing look.
I made this beautiful DIY today and it really works. Matte finish, evens out complexion and skin tone and it smells divine!
The eco tools brush is a duo, the right end is for blush and the left is for powder. I recommend a good powder brush to distribute it evenly on the face.
Love always x
DIY Epsom lavender & Himalayan rose bath salts
- Epsom salt helps tired, aching muscles it’s reviving and energising.
- Lavender is great for rejuvenation and relaxation, perfect alongside Epsom salt.
- Himalayan salt is also detoxifying it leaves skin smooth, radiant and healthy.
- Rose is a natural skin toner so it works perfectly with Himalayan salt for radiant, healthy skin.
I used dried lavender and rose petals. You can also use green tea, cut open a green tea bag and use the leaves.
- Green tea detoxifies skin, treats and prevents acne, improves psoriasis, firms and balances skin tone and delays skin cell ageing.
Love always x
Hello all, chai tea is simply delicious and very beneficial for your health. Orginating in India, using a blend of Indian spices and herbs.
- 3 Cardamom seeds (1-3 servings)
- 3 Black peppercorns
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Normal tea bag/s
- Boil one cup of water (1 per serving) Crush the herbs and spices a little for a stonger infusion. Add them in and let them simmer for ten minuets.
- Add in the tea bag (2 tea bags 2-3 servings) and a splash of milk (preferred amount)
- Leave it to simmer for a further 5-8 minuets, strain, serve with sugar and violà.
Drinking chai tea has many benefits, it can increase peace of mind, calm stress and anxiety. It has antioxidant properties, improves digestion, enhances the immune system and fights inflammation.
Love always x
Hello all, I’ve made these little beauties a few times, they’re quick and simple to make, only 3 household ingredients needed. They whiten and brighten and keep the bathroom smelling glorious.
DIY toilet fizzies
Gather the following supplies, mix together, spoon and press into moulds (an ice cube tray works great) leave them to set for 24 hours. Store in an air tight container (I used a salsa dip jar and spray painted the lid copper)
- Baking soda 1 cup
- Citric acid 1/4 cup
- Washing liquid 1tbsp
- Essential oils 5 drops of each (I used eucalyptus as it’s a strong scent and eliminates odours and lavender)
I use 1-2 fizzies, drop them into the toilet and wait a couple of minutes for them to fizz, then scrub with a toilet brush, flush and voilà.
Love always x
Hello all, as summer is just around the corner here are a few barbecue must makes… These were also made for my budget barbecue when the U.K had a little sun.
Citronella candles and DIY decor 🌞
I absolutely love making candles because it’s so quick and easy. You can make them any colour using dyes, any scent using essential oils and they look great in jars and tins.
- Melt the wax of your choice in a double boiler (I used organic beeswax)
- Meanwhile cut a piece of wick (I used hemp wick) insert it into the wick sustainer and clamp it to keep it in place, you can do this using scissors.
- Once the wax has melted, take it off the heat and dip the sustainer into the wax to create a glue for it to stick to the bottom of the jar, insert the wick into the jar and stick in the centre.
- Now add 20 drops, per candle of citronella oil, which is an insect repellent and stir well.
- Finally pour into the jars and let them set for 24 hours.
Recycled wine bottle decor
Wine bottles look amazing displayed, the colour is amazing. You can also decorate with twine, spray paint etc
Removing labels can be an absolute pain, I did all the research so you guys don’t have to… White vinegar, a baking soda and water paste and furniture polish.
- Firstly I peeled off what I could and soaked them in hot water for a couple hours.
- I scrubbed what I could again with the rough side of a sponge and squirted white vinegar over the sticky area (do this part over the bath) I scrubbed again and then rinsed. It didn’t seem to tackle all of it so…
- Next I made a baking soda and water paste, scrubbed and then rinsed. The sticky residue is almost gone…
- Finally I sprayed the area with furniture polish and scrubbed (hopefully for the last time) and then rinsed and finally!! This removed of all the residue. Wine bottle labels are huge… I gave it a quick wash in soapy water and now it’s time for you to make them look pretty with flowers etc
These things look awesome! Indoor and outdoor! You can make them in different sizes with either tea lights or plants. Head over to YouTube now to find a tutorial, they are quick and easy to make and you only need string!
Happy barbecuing! Love always x
Hello all, running late? I know how hard early mornings can be… And you don’t have enough time to do your make up or you simply prefer a lighter coverage? Then bb cream is the one for you, even more so because it’s homemade, you already have everything you need, it’s quick, simple and it’s perfect for your skin tone.
DIY custom BB cream
Gather the following supplies, mix together in a small jar or pot and violà. You can adjust colour and coverage by adding more or less foundation. I used a green concealer to help reduce redness. It’s a luxurious coverage and texture, light and smooth.
- Moisturiser 1/2tsp
- Sunscreen 1/2tsp
- Face serum 1/4tsp
- Primer 1/4tsp
- Aloe Vera gel 1/4tsp
- Concealer 1/4tsp
- Green or purple concealer (I used 2 pumps – use 1 pea size amount if it’s non liquid)
- Foundation (I used 2, one light coverage and full – use desired amount)
- Highlighter (I used a cream highlighter, powder will be fine) 1/4tsp
Free sample cosmetic pot – Contact Naturally Balmy on Amazon and request a free sample jar, I have the mushroom shaped design 30ml.
Feel free to ask any questions, if you’re interested in what products I used please comment.
Love always x