Hello all, this is post #3 on how to make your home smell amazing naturally. I always like to keep it simple so here is a simple quide for a simple DIY.
DIY galaxy gel air freshener – lavender & lemongrass/orange & cinnamon ✨
- Salt 1tbsp
- Soap dye/food colouring
- Essentials oils
- Fine edible glitter
- Containers (I used to coffee jars)
- Fill your containers with water, add into a measuring jug.
- One sachet of vege-gel is sufficient to set one pint (570 ml) of liquid. Mine measured around 500ml.
- Add the vege-gel and salt into the water and stir well with a fork until dissolved.
- Heat the liquid until boiling, remove from the heat and work quickly.
- Pour the liquid into the containers, add essential oils, desired colours and stir well.
- Sprinkle edible glitter on the top and carefully stir to spread the glitter.
Some edible glitters are in sugar form, these won’t be of any use as they’ll dissolve. Powdered, fine edible glitter will work fine. I used silver and bronze from Poundland.
The close ups look so mesmerising. Enjoy. Love always x
Hello all, yet another post on how to make your home smell amazing, cheaply and cheerfully.
DIY pot pourri
There are several ways of making pot pourri from scratch, either buy dried flowers on eBay or dry your own, the sky is the limit with what goes in.
Or a quicker way (as seen in the picture) buy a cheap pack of pourri (Tesco £2) and throw in household ingredients, add a few drops of your desired essential oil/s and violà.
What I used:
- Cinnamon sticks
- Bay leaves
- Star anise
- Cardamom seeds
It smells lovely, it fills the room and gives an autumnal feel. Be experimental with different scents – herbs, spices, flowers, essential oils and dried fruits (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit)
Slice fruit, place them on a lined baking tray, bake them slowly in the oven on a low temperature for 2-3 hours.
Look in charity shops for interesting bowls for the pourri, I used a snack bowl which I had been saving for specifically this.
Love always x
Hello all, I’m going to all lengths to make my home smell amazing and I’ll be posting every step! Coffee has a strong, enticing aroma which will make your home smell great, for best results place by a vent.
DIY natural coffee air freshener
- Coffee grounds
- Small bag or sock/tights
You can use fresh or used coffee grounds, if used spread on a plate and wait until dry. Add enough grounds to fill the bottom of the sock, tie securely and snip, use ribbon anything to make it look pretty. I used some old jewellery bags, you can find them on eBay for next to nothing.
Love always x
Aloe vera is cultivated for it’s medical and agricultural purposes. You can either harvest the gel from the leaves or buy aloe vera gel. I do both, when a leaf snaps off I’ll scrape out the gel and store it in the fridge. I also use 100% aloe vera gel from Holland and Barrett.
Top 10 uses for aloe vera gel
- Shampoo – Add distilled water, 1tsp of gel and castile soap to a bottle, shake before use.
- Leave in conditioner – Add distilled water, 1tsp of gel and coconut oil to a spray bottle. Shake and spray on hair daily.
- Face toner – Apply gel on a clean face and leave overnight, rinse in the morning.
- Body moisturiser – Apply to dry areas of the body after a warm bath and exfoliation.
- Hair gel – Apply directly to hair and style.
- Face primer – Apply a small amount on the face, wait until dry and proceed with foundation.
- Setting spray – Add 1tbsp of gel, 1tsp of witch hazel and distilled water to a spray bottle. Shake and spray a small amount all over the face to set make up.
- Eyelash/eyebrow growth treatment – Clean out an old mascara tube and fill it with aloe vera gel. Apply every morning and evening, once dry you can also apply mascara, thanks to the gel underneath it makes the lashes look fuller and longer whilst also helping them grow.
- Sunburn – Apply after a shower/bath, directly to the sunburn to soothe, heal and prevent peeling.
- Execma – Apply generously to dry areas. It helps to soothe itchiness and helps to repair dry, broken and damaged skin.
Love always x