DIY all natural coconut oil/baking soda toothpaste
Mix the follow supplies together in container and violà. Use an air tight container or jar.
- Baking soda 3tbsp
- Coconut oil 2 tbsp
- Peppermint oil 4 drops (optional)
Coconut oil fights bacteria, heals cavities, prevents gum disease and tooth decay, finally coconut oil is well know for whitening your teeth.
Sodium bicarbonate aka baking soda is a mineral. It’s a safe and effective cleanser, which removes plaque from both the teeth and the gums and it maintains a healthy PH balance in your mouth. It also has antibacterial properties for a clean and fresh feeling. Just like coconut oil it whitens your teeth, the two together are truly amazing.
Use a spatula or spoon, take a pea sized amount and wipe it on your toothbrush instead of dipping it in, it will prevent the toothpaste from going off due to bacteria.
Love always x
Hello all, this is post #3 on how to make your home smell amazing naturally. I always like to keep it simple so here is a simple quide for a simple DIY.
DIY galaxy gel air freshener – lavender & lemongrass/orange & cinnamon ✨
- Salt 1tbsp
- Soap dye/food colouring
- Essentials oils
- Fine edible glitter
- Containers (I used to coffee jars)
- Fill your containers with water, add into a measuring jug.
- One sachet of vege-gel is sufficient to set one pint (570 ml) of liquid. Mine measured around 500ml.
- Add the vege-gel and salt into the water and stir well with a fork until dissolved.
- Heat the liquid until boiling, remove from the heat and work quickly.
- Pour the liquid into the containers, add essential oils, desired colours and stir well.
- Sprinkle edible glitter on the top and carefully stir to spread the glitter.
Some edible glitters are in sugar form, these won’t be of any use as they’ll dissolve. Powdered, fine edible glitter will work fine. I used silver and bronze from Poundland.
The close ups look so mesmerising. Enjoy. Love always x
DIY Epsom lavender & Himalayan rose bath salts
- Epsom salt helps tired, aching muscles it’s reviving and energising.
- Lavender is great for rejuvenation and relaxation, perfect alongside Epsom salt.
- Himalayan salt is also detoxifying it leaves skin smooth, radiant and healthy.
- Rose is a natural skin toner so it works perfectly with Himalayan salt for radiant, healthy skin.
I used dried lavender and rose petals. You can also use green tea, cut open a green tea bag and use the leaves.
- Green tea detoxifies skin, treats and prevents acne, improves psoriasis, firms and balances skin tone and delays skin cell ageing.
Love always x
Shea butter is one of my favourite butters. It smells and feels luxurious and has truly amazing benefits for the skin, read below!
15 facts about shea butter
- Highly moisturising
- Softens skin, hair, scalp
- Hair conditioner
- Natural SPF
- Restores skin elasticity
- Brightens skin tone
- Fades dark marks and scars
- Prevents cellulite
- Prevents nappy rash for babies
- Prevents bumps after shaving
- Heals burns
- Heals execma
- Soothes rashes
- Relieves joint pain
Best one to buy?
Naissance via Amazon, I’ve purchased this product a few times and I will continue to do so! It’s inexspensive and organic. Love always x
Aloe vera is cultivated for it’s medical and agricultural purposes. You can either harvest the gel from the leaves or buy aloe vera gel. I do both, when a leaf snaps off I’ll scrape out the gel and store it in the fridge. I also use 100% aloe vera gel from Holland and Barrett.
Top 10 uses for aloe vera gel
- Shampoo – Add distilled water, 1tsp of gel and castile soap to a bottle, shake before use.
- Leave in conditioner – Add distilled water, 1tsp of gel and coconut oil to a spray bottle. Shake and spray on hair daily.
- Face toner – Apply gel on a clean face and leave overnight, rinse in the morning.
- Body moisturiser – Apply to dry areas of the body after a warm bath and exfoliation.
- Hair gel – Apply directly to hair and style.
- Face primer – Apply a small amount on the face, wait until dry and proceed with foundation.
- Setting spray – Add 1tbsp of gel, 1tsp of witch hazel and distilled water to a spray bottle. Shake and spray a small amount all over the face to set make up.
- Eyelash/eyebrow growth treatment – Clean out an old mascara tube and fill it with aloe vera gel. Apply every morning and evening, once dry you can also apply mascara, thanks to the gel underneath it makes the lashes look fuller and longer whilst also helping them grow.
- Sunburn – Apply after a shower/bath, directly to the sunburn to soothe, heal and prevent peeling.
- Execma – Apply generously to dry areas. It helps to soothe itchiness and helps to repair dry, broken and damaged skin.
Love always x
Hello all, chai tea is simply delicious and very beneficial for your health. Orginating in India, using a blend of Indian spices and herbs.
- 3 Cardamom seeds (1-3 servings)
- 3 Black peppercorns
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Normal tea bag/s
- Boil one cup of water (1 per serving) Crush the herbs and spices a little for a stonger infusion. Add them in and let them simmer for ten minuets.
- Add in the tea bag (2 tea bags 2-3 servings) and a splash of milk (preferred amount)
- Leave it to simmer for a further 5-8 minuets, strain, serve with sugar and violà.
Drinking chai tea has many benefits, it can increase peace of mind, calm stress and anxiety. It has antioxidant properties, improves digestion, enhances the immune system and fights inflammation.
Love always x
Coconut oil is possibly one of the most amazing products on the market. You can cook with it, use it on your face, hair and body, for many uses, It’s truly the best.
Top 20 uses of coconut oil
There are several brands on the market, this one has to be my favourite, it’s organic and you can find it in b&m and Tesco for £3-£4.
- Make up remover – Apply a small amount to cotton pads and wipe away.
- Eyelash growth serum – Apply to eyelashes every evening before bed.
- Eye serum – Apply under the eyes and wipe away after half an hour. Defeats wrinkles and dark circles.
- Scars – Apply directly to the scar or add coconut oil to a bath, to fade and prevent stretch marks.
- Face mask – Apply and leave for half an hour, rinse and pat dry. Hydrates skin, brightens complexion and helps fight wrinkles.
- Hair mask – Apply all over the hair, root to tip and either cover your hair with a shower cap or cling film to create heat, leave for an hour, shampoo and condition as normal.
- Split end treatment – Apply to the ends after showering when the ends are slightly dry, instant repair!
- Lip balm – DIY quick and easy lip balm.
- Cuticle cream – Massage into cuticles.
- Massage oil – Add essential oils for ultimate relaxation.
- Bath oil – Add a small amount to a hot bath with essential oils.
- Cold sores – Apply small amounts to help heal and prevent cracking.
- Rash soother – Apply coconut oil to the infected area, place it in the freezer for ten minuets or so if the rash is burning.
- Sun burn soother – Apply to the infected area and again you can place it in the freezer quickly to cool the sunburn.
- Dry skin – Apply to the dry area after showering every evening. In severe cases add coconut oil to the bath and apply it generously often.
- Teeth whitener – DIY toothpaste, coconut oil and baking soda, prevents tooth decay and gum disease.
- Lip scrub – DIY scrub, coconut oil, sugar, cinnamon/peppermint essential oil (natural lip plumpers)
- Shaving cream – Whip the coconut oil to form a foamy consistency.
- Energy booster – Eat 1tbsp every day alongside a healthy diet.
- Finally the health benefits from eating coconut oil, as said above are amazing! It can help with weight loss, improves digestion, memory and brain function, boosts the immune system and prevents heart disease and high blood pressure. Wow.
Love always x