Hi all, it’s been a while but this my most recent post. Love yourself.
💓 Have some me time
For me hot baths are a perfect way to have some me time, a chance to sit and relax and fully unwind. Use candles/incense and bubbles for the ultimate experience.
Having a good skin routine is a must! Nothing is promised tomorrow but waking up with glowing skin can be. Keep it simple with 4 steps: cleanse, tone, oil/serum, moisturise and weekly face masks. From research into dermatology I’ve learnt you only need to do your routine once every evening. Your skin rejuvenates during your sleep and your skin cells regenerate faster at night. In the morning with clean hands simply splash face with water and apply moisturiser then make up.
🍌 Look after the inside
Most importantly drinking water and eating healthy foods are beneficial to your health and appearance. Be sure to load up on fruit and veg and cook fresh meals.
🏠 Your home
I don’t know about you guys but if my house is untidy and needs a good clean it makes me feel crap. As soon as I’ve tidied and sat down with a hot chocolate I feel so much more positive and pretty much completely at peace. Use products that smell great, I like using orange and lavender products.
📚 Your mind
Reading a book/magazine/articles or even watching a documentary is something I love to do. They say knowledge is power and it’s great to learn new things, keeping your brain active this could also be your me time.
Love always x
I was in a serious need of lightening my hair, I usually have a blonde balayage and a trim once a year. It’s been about a year and a half, I just got back from Barcelona with a golden tan, there was a wedding approaching so I thought it’s about time.
I’ve spent 6 years taking care of my hair after dying is numerous colours, bleaching it several times and straightening it. So I haven’t applied any heat to my hair with just touches of blonde highlights yearly and let my natural hair do its thing. For around 3 years I’ve invested in safer products for my hair. My shampoo and conditioner is free from:
- Mineral oils
- Artificial colours
Since this transition my hair is so much healthier, softer, stronger and of course curlier. These above ingredients strip the natural oils from your hair, cause buildup, frizz and damage, making it limp, lifeless and dry.
Colour treated after care
Dying and bleaching your hair causes your hair to feel dry and stringy like which can cause a lot of breakage.
- Be sure to use a hair mask weekly, fortnightly or even monthly (depending on how much moisture your hair can take) but don’t worry if you’re a curly girl and over moisturise you just need to include protein into your wash day, you can use protein masks or keep an eye out for products containing protein.
- To refresh my hair I use a leave in conditioner and a little gel to hold my curls. Make your own leave in and use small amount of your favourite hair mask or conditioner in a spray bottle with water. Spritz over hair every day to refresh your hair and to add extra moisture.
- Shampoo roots only in warm water not hot! To stop the length of your hair drying out.
- Once conditioned and combed rinse with cold water this closes your hair follicles retaining all of the moisture.
- Apply your favourite safe product and voilà.
- Top tip #1 – Decrease the amount you wash your hair. Twice a week is ok, we want to retain as much moisture and as much of our natural oils as possible.
- Top tip #2 – If you live in a warm country or due to go on holiday not only do we need to protect our skin from the sun but our hair too! Use a simple messy bun or hair wraps and bandanas.
Feel free to comment/ask questions
Love always x
For over a year now I’ve been nurturing my hair into amazing curls. I’ve changed my hair routine after tons of research. It’s taken time and money however it’s worth every moment, every penny. Here is what I’ve learnt and what works for me.
My current routine:
- Shampoo only the roots in circular motion.
- Squeeze out a little water, flip hair over, condition the length only and comb.
- Squish to condish (scrunch in conditioner) This activates the curls.
- Rinse with cool water then squeeze and scrunch out a little water.
- Apply products, curl crème then gel with praying hands (which works best for me) You can also scrunch or rake in your product.
- Plop in a cotton T-shirt for 20-30 minuets.
- Air dry (do not touch your hair in this process) flip left to right and down every 10 minuets or so to create volume or diffuse whichever works best.
- Once fully dried scrunch out the crunch with Argan oil then hairspray if desired.
- Boots essentials curl crème (£1.99)
- Boots essentials styling gel (£1.98)
Keep an eye out for my next post DIY natural flax seed gel.
Feel free to leave comments/questions.
Love always x
DIY all natural coconut oil/baking soda toothpaste
Mix the follow supplies together in container and violà. Use an air tight container or jar.
- Baking soda 3tbsp
- Coconut oil 2 tbsp
- Peppermint oil 4 drops (optional)
Coconut oil fights bacteria, heals cavities, prevents gum disease and tooth decay, finally coconut oil is well know for whitening your teeth.
Sodium bicarbonate aka baking soda is a mineral. It’s a safe and effective cleanser, which removes plaque from both the teeth and the gums and it maintains a healthy PH balance in your mouth. It also has antibacterial properties for a clean and fresh feeling. Just like coconut oil it whitens your teeth, the two together are truly amazing.
Use a spatula or spoon, take a pea sized amount and wipe it on your toothbrush instead of dipping it in, it will prevent the toothpaste from going off due to bacteria.
Love always x
Hello all, this is post #3 on how to make your home smell amazing naturally. I always like to keep it simple so here is a simple quide for a simple DIY.
DIY galaxy gel air freshener – lavender & lemongrass/orange & cinnamon ✨
- Salt 1tbsp
- Soap dye/food colouring
- Essentials oils
- Fine edible glitter
- Containers (I used to coffee jars)
- Fill your containers with water, add into a measuring jug.
- One sachet of vege-gel is sufficient to set one pint (570 ml) of liquid. Mine measured around 500ml.
- Add the vege-gel and salt into the water and stir well with a fork until dissolved.
- Heat the liquid until boiling, remove from the heat and work quickly.
- Pour the liquid into the containers, add essential oils, desired colours and stir well.
- Sprinkle edible glitter on the top and carefully stir to spread the glitter.
Some edible glitters are in sugar form, these won’t be of any use as they’ll dissolve. Powdered, fine edible glitter will work fine. I used silver and bronze from Poundland.
The close ups look so mesmerising. Enjoy. Love always x
DIY Epsom lavender & Himalayan rose bath salts
- Epsom salt helps tired, aching muscles it’s reviving and energising.
- Lavender is great for rejuvenation and relaxation, perfect alongside Epsom salt.
- Himalayan salt is also detoxifying it leaves skin smooth, radiant and healthy.
- Rose is a natural skin toner so it works perfectly with Himalayan salt for radiant, healthy skin.
I used dried lavender and rose petals. You can also use green tea, cut open a green tea bag and use the leaves.
- Green tea detoxifies skin, treats and prevents acne, improves psoriasis, firms and balances skin tone and delays skin cell ageing.
Love always x
Shea butter is one of my favourite butters. It smells and feels luxurious and has truly amazing benefits for the skin, read below!
15 facts about shea butter
- Highly moisturising
- Softens skin, hair, scalp
- Hair conditioner
- Natural SPF
- Restores skin elasticity
- Brightens skin tone
- Fades dark marks and scars
- Prevents cellulite
- Prevents nappy rash for babies
- Prevents bumps after shaving
- Heals burns
- Heals execma
- Soothes rashes
- Relieves joint pain
Best one to buy?
Naissance via Amazon, I’ve purchased this product a few times and I will continue to do so! It’s inexspensive and organic. Love always x
Aloe vera is cultivated for it’s medical and agricultural purposes. You can either harvest the gel from the leaves or buy aloe vera gel. I do both, when a leaf snaps off I’ll scrape out the gel and store it in the fridge. I also use 100% aloe vera gel from Holland and Barrett.
Top 10 uses for aloe vera gel
- Shampoo – Add distilled water, 1tsp of gel and castile soap to a bottle, shake before use.
- Leave in conditioner – Add distilled water, 1tsp of gel and coconut oil to a spray bottle. Shake and spray on hair daily.
- Face toner – Apply gel on a clean face and leave overnight, rinse in the morning.
- Body moisturiser – Apply to dry areas of the body after a warm bath and exfoliation.
- Hair gel – Apply directly to hair and style.
- Face primer – Apply a small amount on the face, wait until dry and proceed with foundation.
- Setting spray – Add 1tbsp of gel, 1tsp of witch hazel and distilled water to a spray bottle. Shake and spray a small amount all over the face to set make up.
- Eyelash/eyebrow growth treatment – Clean out an old mascara tube and fill it with aloe vera gel. Apply every morning and evening, once dry you can also apply mascara, thanks to the gel underneath it makes the lashes look fuller and longer whilst also helping them grow.
- Sunburn – Apply after a shower/bath, directly to the sunburn to soothe, heal and prevent peeling.
- Execma – Apply generously to dry areas. It helps to soothe itchiness and helps to repair dry, broken and damaged skin.
Love always x
Hello all, chai tea is simply delicious and very beneficial for your health. Orginating in India, using a blend of Indian spices and herbs.
- 3 Cardamom seeds (1-3 servings)
- 3 Black peppercorns
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Normal tea bag/s
- Boil one cup of water (1 per serving) Crush the herbs and spices a little for a stonger infusion. Add them in and let them simmer for ten minuets.
- Add in the tea bag (2 tea bags 2-3 servings) and a splash of milk (preferred amount)
- Leave it to simmer for a further 5-8 minuets, strain, serve with sugar and violà.
Drinking chai tea has many benefits, it can increase peace of mind, calm stress and anxiety. It has antioxidant properties, improves digestion, enhances the immune system and fights inflammation.
Love always x
Coconut oil is possibly one of the most amazing products on the market. You can cook with it, use it on your face, hair and body, for many uses, It’s truly the best.
Top 20 uses of coconut oil
There are several brands on the market, this one has to be my favourite, it’s organic and you can find it in b&m and Tesco for £3-£4.
- Make up remover – Apply a small amount to cotton pads and wipe away.
- Eyelash growth serum – Apply to eyelashes every evening before bed.
- Eye serum – Apply under the eyes and wipe away after half an hour. Defeats wrinkles and dark circles.
- Scars – Apply directly to the scar or add coconut oil to a bath, to fade and prevent stretch marks.
- Face mask – Apply and leave for half an hour, rinse and pat dry. Hydrates skin, brightens complexion and helps fight wrinkles.
- Hair mask – Apply all over the hair, root to tip and either cover your hair with a shower cap or cling film to create heat, leave for an hour, shampoo and condition as normal.
- Split end treatment – Apply to the ends after showering when the ends are slightly dry, instant repair!
- Lip balm – DIY quick and easy lip balm.
- Cuticle cream – Massage into cuticles.
- Massage oil – Add essential oils for ultimate relaxation.
- Bath oil – Add a small amount to a hot bath with essential oils.
- Cold sores – Apply small amounts to help heal and prevent cracking.
- Rash soother – Apply coconut oil to the infected area, place it in the freezer for ten minuets or so if the rash is burning.
- Sun burn soother – Apply to the infected area and again you can place it in the freezer quickly to cool the sunburn.
- Dry skin – Apply to the dry area after showering every evening. In severe cases add coconut oil to the bath and apply it generously often.
- Teeth whitener – DIY toothpaste, coconut oil and baking soda, prevents tooth decay and gum disease.
- Lip scrub – DIY scrub, coconut oil, sugar, cinnamon/peppermint essential oil (natural lip plumpers)
- Shaving cream – Whip the coconut oil to form a foamy consistency.
- Energy booster – Eat 1tbsp every day alongside a healthy diet.
- Finally the health benefits from eating coconut oil, as said above are amazing! It can help with weight loss, improves digestion, memory and brain function, boosts the immune system and prevents heart disease and high blood pressure. Wow.
Love always x