Aloe vera is cultivated for it’s medical and agricultural purposes. You can either harvest the gel from the leaves or buy aloe vera gel. I do both, when a leaf snaps off I’ll scrape out the gel and store it in the fridge. I also use 100% aloe vera gel from Holland and Barrett.
Top 10 uses for aloe vera gel
- Shampoo – Add distilled water, 1tsp of gel and castile soap to a bottle, shake before use.
- Leave in conditioner – Add distilled water, 1tsp of gel and coconut oil to a spray bottle. Shake and spray on hair daily.
- Face toner – Apply gel on a clean face and leave overnight, rinse in the morning.
- Body moisturiser – Apply to dry areas of the body after a warm bath and exfoliation.
- Hair gel – Apply directly to hair and style.
- Face primer – Apply a small amount on the face, wait until dry and proceed with foundation.
- Setting spray – Add 1tbsp of gel, 1tsp of witch hazel and distilled water to a spray bottle. Shake and spray a small amount all over the face to set make up.
- Eyelash/eyebrow growth treatment – Clean out an old mascara tube and fill it with aloe vera gel. Apply every morning and evening, once dry you can also apply mascara, thanks to the gel underneath it makes the lashes look fuller and longer whilst also helping them grow.
- Sunburn – Apply after a shower/bath, directly to the sunburn to soothe, heal and prevent peeling.
- Execma – Apply generously to dry areas. It helps to soothe itchiness and helps to repair dry, broken and damaged skin.
Love always x