Coconut oil is possibly one of the most amazing products on the market. You can cook with it, use it on your face, hair and body, for many uses, It’s truly the best.
Top 20 uses of coconut oil
There are several brands on the market, this one has to be my favourite, it’s organic and you can find it in b&m and Tesco for £3-£4.
- Make up remover – Apply a small amount to cotton pads and wipe away.
- Eyelash growth serum – Apply to eyelashes every evening before bed.
- Eye serum – Apply under the eyes and wipe away after half an hour. Defeats wrinkles and dark circles.
- Scars – Apply directly to the scar or add coconut oil to a bath, to fade and prevent stretch marks.
- Face mask – Apply and leave for half an hour, rinse and pat dry. Hydrates skin, brightens complexion and helps fight wrinkles.
- Hair mask – Apply all over the hair, root to tip and either cover your hair with a shower cap or cling film to create heat, leave for an hour, shampoo and condition as normal.
- Split end treatment – Apply to the ends after showering when the ends are slightly dry, instant repair!
- Lip balm – DIY quick and easy lip balm.
- Cuticle cream – Massage into cuticles.
- Massage oil – Add essential oils for ultimate relaxation.
- Bath oil – Add a small amount to a hot bath with essential oils.
- Cold sores – Apply small amounts to help heal and prevent cracking.
- Rash soother – Apply coconut oil to the infected area, place it in the freezer for ten minuets or so if the rash is burning.
- Sun burn soother – Apply to the infected area and again you can place it in the freezer quickly to cool the sunburn.
- Dry skin – Apply to the dry area after showering every evening. In severe cases add coconut oil to the bath and apply it generously often.
- Teeth whitener – DIY toothpaste, coconut oil and baking soda, prevents tooth decay and gum disease.
- Lip scrub – DIY scrub, coconut oil, sugar, cinnamon/peppermint essential oil (natural lip plumpers)
- Shaving cream – Whip the coconut oil to form a foamy consistency.
- Energy booster – Eat 1tbsp every day alongside a healthy diet.
- Finally the health benefits from eating coconut oil, as said above are amazing! It can help with weight loss, improves digestion, memory and brain function, boosts the immune system and prevents heart disease and high blood pressure. Wow.
Love always x