Hello all, as summer is just around the corner here are a few barbecue must makes… These were also made for my budget barbecue when the U.K had a little sun.
Citronella candles and DIY decor 🌞
I absolutely love making candles because it’s so quick and easy. You can make them any colour using dyes, any scent using essential oils and they look great in jars and tins.
- Melt the wax of your choice in a double boiler (I used organic beeswax)
- Meanwhile cut a piece of wick (I used hemp wick) insert it into the wick sustainer and clamp it to keep it in place, you can do this using scissors.
- Once the wax has melted, take it off the heat and dip the sustainer into the wax to create a glue for it to stick to the bottom of the jar, insert the wick into the jar and stick in the centre.
- Now add 20 drops, per candle of citronella oil, which is an insect repellent and stir well.
- Finally pour into the jars and let them set for 24 hours.
Recycled wine bottle decor
Wine bottles look amazing displayed, the colour is amazing. You can also decorate with twine, spray paint etc
Removing labels can be an absolute pain, I did all the research so you guys don’t have to… White vinegar, a baking soda and water paste and furniture polish.
- Firstly I peeled off what I could and soaked them in hot water for a couple hours.
- I scrubbed what I could again with the rough side of a sponge and squirted white vinegar over the sticky area (do this part over the bath) I scrubbed again and then rinsed. It didn’t seem to tackle all of it so…
- Next I made a baking soda and water paste, scrubbed and then rinsed. The sticky residue is almost gone…
- Finally I sprayed the area with furniture polish and scrubbed (hopefully for the last time) and then rinsed and finally!! This removed of all the residue. Wine bottle labels are huge… I gave it a quick wash in soapy water and now it’s time for you to make them look pretty with flowers etc
These things look awesome! Indoor and outdoor! You can make them in different sizes with either tea lights or plants. Head over to YouTube now to find a tutorial, they are quick and easy to make and you only need string!
Happy barbecuing! Love always x